In order to unlock this credential, you need to be able to demonstrate the ability to create a graph, showing the relationship between 2 variables.
SALT – scale, axis, labels, title
- Choose horizontal and vertical scales that will accurately show the data.
- On each axis, the scale is clearly shown.
- Correct increments and units identified for both variables
- The scale increments evenly.
- Each axis is labelled, identifying the data shown and the units used. E.g. Temperature (°C)
- The title should explain the purpose of the graph. For example, ‘Patient temperature in one day’ or ‘Patient temperature vs time’
- Plots – should be clearly marked with an ‘x’ on the point where the two variables ‘meet’
- If there is more than one line on the graph, a key needs to be added that correctly identifies each line.
This badge can be unlocked in the following contexts by showing a teacher/mentor a graph
- Creating graphs in Mathematics
- Creating graphs in Science
- Creating graphs in Economics
- Creating graphs in Social Science