Objective: Write an essay.
To unlock this credential, you need to write an essay of at least 800 words that logically develops/communicates an idea/responds to a given statement
- Must be a minimum of 800 words and use writing conventions with minimal errors.
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation is mostly accurate.
- Tense and viewpoint are consistent throughout the essay
- Appropriate syntax is used consistently.
- Material is organised into effective paragraphing. This includes:
- One point is developed in a single paragraph
- There is a connection between the paragraphs to ensure the essay develops an idea as a whole.
- Paragraphs are ordered logically i.e. in chronological order, as laid out in the introduction, to build on the previous idea.
- Addresses the given statement or established thesis clearly throughout the essay.
- Uses essay structure and conventions effectively. This includes:
- Clear introduction, body paragraphing and conclusion
- Integrates source material
- Utilizes connective phrases
This credential could be unlocked as part of a larger body of work in a class. It must be submitted in a written format. Some contexts could include:
- A text study in English
- A case study in social science
- In response to a study completed in Drama
Below is an example of the type of work you might submit in order to unlock this credential.
[pdf-embedder url=”http://achieve.mtaspiring.edutronic.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/532/2019/11/Essay-Expert-Exemplar.pdf” title=”Essay Expert Exemplar”