Handle fractions in a given context.
In order to unlock this achievement, you will need to demonstrate the ability to understand fractions and their basic patterns.
You need to be able to demonstrate three out of the following four skills to unlock this achievement:
- Simplifying fractions
- Ordering fractions
- Finding equivalent fractions
- Adding and subtracting fractions with the same denominator
- You can accurately simplify a variety of fractions, which will require you to use either of the following methods:
- The ‘Cut in Half’
- Dividing both the numerator and denominator by a number other than 2
- You can order a variety of fractions from smallest to largest, including fractions with different denominators.
- You can multiply both the numerator and the denominator by any number to find an equivalent fraction.
- You can add and subtract simple fractions in a given context.
This achievement can be unlocked in both verbal and written contexts. It could be unlocked as a stand-alone task or as part of a wider learning activity.
Below are some examples of work where the skills of this credential are being used accurately:Do- Action Fractions