Allude to It!
Explore how a literary allusion adds meaning to a text.
In order to unlock this credential, you need to be able to explain how an allusion develops your understanding of an element of a text.
- Accurately identify a moment in a text where allusion is used by the author.
- Identify the context surrounding the allusion i.e. social and historical information that allows the reader to gain an understanding of what is being alluded to.
- Explain what meaning the allusion brings to the text.
- Discuss how the allusion develops the specific element (character, setting, theme, genre) that it is directly related to.
- Explore how this then relates to the text as a whole and the ideas being presented.
This credential can be unlocked in any study of a literary text- self or class directed. It can be submitted in written or verbal contexts. It could be unlocked as a stand-alone task or as part of a larger body of work. Common instances where this credential could be unlocked might be:
- A literary study in English, Drama or Social Sciences.
- During your personal reading time.
Below you will find an example of the kind of work that would unlock this credential.Allude to It! Exemplar