Demonstrate an ability to initiate meaningful connections with others.
To unlock this credential you need to demonstrate that you have initiated a connection with another person or group, based on shared identity, values and/or goals.
- who are you? where are you from? (i.e. your pepeha)
- what is important to you?
- what do you want to do?
- Learn about your own identity, values and/or goals.
- Think about how to articulate them clearly.
- Identify someone or some people you’d like to connect with.
- Share your identity, values and/or goals with other people and be prepared to listen to them in return.
- Reflect on what you have learned – this is how it is we connect!
This badge can be unlocked in a variety of contexts, wherever it is possible to initiate connections with other people. For example, if you are in Year 13, you can unlock it by sending an email to or having a meeting with the SIC coordinator about the volunteering you would like to do. You could unlock it by connecting / having a conversation with someone new.
This knowledge may be demonstrated in a verbal or written capacity.